Monday 2 January 2012

365 Challenge - Day 2

Afternoon all,

Day 2 of the 365 challenge!


For me, and I think many of us, today is my last day of festive holiday - back to work tomorrow. So that means one thing, get the crimbo decorations down! And that is where my inspiration for today's shot came from. This is our rather oddly proportioned Father Christmas figure that has sat on our window sill for the last couple of weeks. I turned him around to gaze out of the window, at the passing world, as if he was saying bye, wishing everyone a happy 2012. Bless him.

As with yesterdays shot I have tried my hand at a dirty grainy picture again (I am obsessed with sharp, low noise, low ISO pictures, so these shots are really out of my comfort zone) I used an even higher ISO then yesterday - Hi 1 which I believe is equivalent to 3200. This was hand held, with a shutter speed of 1/40, and an aperture of f4. It was all natural light - I tried a few shots with flash, but it was all too bright and happy, I wanted a more gritty shot.

Peace out
(thoughts on today's sign off tag.....terrible.)
Adam

 

No comments:

Post a Comment