Monday 31 December 2012

365 Challenge - Day 366...THE END!

Good afternoon everyone!

     After 365 days of taking at least one photo and sharing it with everyone we come to the final, bonus leap year, day. It has been a rather emotional ride, and even after all the lows (trying to fit in being at work till 3am AND remembering to take a photo before 12pm!) I have to admit I am both happy and sad that it has come to an end.

I have tried to go out on a high today. I went out to battle the weather and see what I could see.

Result....

And a rough write up on how I took the photos (like the old days :) )

I have recently figured out how to properly use the HDR software Luminance HDR, and I'm very pleased with the results. I find HDR can sometimes be a complete bag of sick, full of too much colour saturation and halo-ing. The Mantiuk 06 tone map in Luminance is a good balance in my opinion. All these shots are bracketed (3 frames, -2 stops, 0, and +2 stops exposures) and then merged in the software. After that I ran them through GIMP to touch up anything I feel needs it, and add a vignette etc.




This one was a bit tricky. In the original shot there were around 6 or 8 telephone wires across the sky. I had to get rid of them, as they were too distracting.

And that's that. The 365 challenge (plus bonus leap year day) completed. I am going to take a little break, just for a couple of days.

But don't be too sad, avid blog reader, I will be back in the new year! First up will be a full article about my thoughts on the challenge, including highlights of my favorite shots. After that I was thinking of doing 'How To' videos on some of the techniques I have learned/made up. What do you guys and gals think?

And of course I will still be taking photos, and posting when I think they are worthy of your time.

Happy new year to you all, and see you in 2013.

Much, much love, and thank you.

Adam

9 comments:

  1. Well done bobbin! Massive achievement. I always keep my eye on here but im gonna have a scan back through your year later to reminisce!

    I've been a bit cheeky and not been uploading my drawings to my blog, but the challenege has still been ongoing! I uploaded 130+ drawings today and should hopefully get the rest up tomorrow. I'll chuck you a cross post once I get drawing 366 up!

    Well done again dude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one Adam! Glad you stuck with this, there've been some great shots. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing your year with us. Can't wait to see the how to vids

    ReplyDelete